Short and long sightedness come about due to the lenses in your eyes not being flexed enough. Check out this video I made on the subject:
To prevent cataract, improve the elasticity and plasticity of your lenses and heal your vision try out these tricks before turning to glasses or laser eye surgery:
1. Sungazing. In the hour as the sun rises and in the hour as the sun sets, the sun is safe to gaze at. Start off by staring at the sun for 10 seconds and then work your way up to whatever feels comfortable. If you don't want to look directly at the sun, simply turn your closed eyes toward the sun and let the light filter through your eyelids. The light will stimulate your cones and help you perceive colour better. Alternatively, for those of you who don't get as many sunny days, you can purchase a full spectrum light and stimulate your cones in the same manner.
2. Focus. Stare at an object up close. Then focus your eyes on something in the distance. Continue to switch your focus between the two objects for a few minutes. This practice will flex your lens and repair any short or long sightedness. Make sure to take off your glasses or take out your contacts before trying these exercises.
3. Distance reading. Place some written word on the wall and stand back until you can just read it. Every day move back a little farther. Eventually you'll be able to read small print across from the other side of the room!
4. Close reading. Take a bit of written word and hold it in front of your nose. Every day bring the print closer and closer. Eventually you'll be able to read the text with it right up against your nose!
Recently I went on a magical bikeride to pick up some wild dandelion leaves to make a salad. Watch my adventure here:
Dandelions are everywhere and good thing too because they have a plethora of healing properties. You can eat their leaves raw or dry up the entire plant including the flower and roots to make an antioxidant rich tea! Here are some benefits:
- Aid in digestion, stimulate appetite, balance out the good bacteria in the intestines.
- Act as a natural diuretic that helps the kidneys clear out waste, salt and excess water.
- Help the liver remove toxins.
- Prevent cancer and dibetes and lower pressure.
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- Reduce inflammtion and help gallbladder probelms and blockages.
- Improve immune system, fight off microbes and fungi.
- dandelion leaves, washed. I trimmed off the ends as well.
- dried cranberries
- dash of chia seeds
- cucumber slices
- avocado oil and apple cider vinegar for dressing
Quinoa, though it looks like a grain, is a seed related to spinach, chard and beets. It’s a complete protein, which means it contains all the essential amino acids: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine and Histidine. The amino acid, Lysine, is especially important for tissue growth and repair.
Quinoa contains 5 times more calcium than animal protein and 9 times more iron than found in a single serving of meat. It contains vitamins E and B2 as well as dietary fibers. Vitamin B2, also known as Riboflavin, is known to help to reduce migraines. It’s rich in mineral such as calcium, zinc, copper, phosphorus and iron. It’s also a great source of magnesium and manganese. Magnesium aids in the relaxing of blood vessels, which helps to eliminate headaches and migraines. Manganese along with the copper in quinoa work together to produce an enzyme that keeps mitochondria from oxidative damage that is produced when energy is created. These minerals also work together to guard red blood cells from free radical damage.
|Click here to purchase pure organic raw vegan quinoa sprout powder from Sunburst Superfoods. I completely trust this website. They really go the extra mile to ensure freshness and quality of their products.|
Quinoa doesn’t feed any type of fungi or bacteria in the body. It’s considered a prebiotic and only feeds good bacteria called microflora in the intestines. It’s easily digested and gluten-free. With its unique texture and consistency, its many nutritional benefits, and its versatility, it should come as no surprise that it’s a favourite of chefs and nutritionists everywhere.
According to studies, quinoa has also been shown to help improve these conditions: breast cancer, diabetes, insulin resistance and atherosclerosis.
Check out more organic raw vegan superfood products here: http://bit.ly/PdtXLk
Spirulina is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, E and K. It’s a complete protein source and consists of 65-71% protein. This is great news for people who want to eliminate meat from their diet. Spirulina contains just as much iron as red meat. It’s the best source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an anti-inflammatory essential fatty acid necessary for a healthy nervous system.
Spirulina has the highest concentration of GLA next to mother’s milk. It contains trace minerals, nucleic acids, polysaccharides and antioxidants. The sulfur found in spirulina has been shown to improve the immune system and aid in physical strength, along with flexibility and healing. Sulfur rids our tissues of toxins, which can help explain why spirulina is considered a detoxifier.
|Click here to purchase pure organic raw vegan Green Superfood Powder from Sunburst Superfoods. I love this website and trust them 100%! If you're looking to boost your immunity and get energized naturally, I highly recommend this website's superfood blends.|
Spirulina also contains phycocyanin, a health-building pigment and antioxidant, responsible for giving spirulina its blue tint. Phycocyanin is also known to stimulate the production of stem cells. The beta-carotene and other carotenoids found in spirulina are natural fat-soluble antioxidants that are known to increase life span and improve immunity. Beta-carotenes derived from plants and algaes inhibit the replication of certain cancers in animals and humans. Spirulina also contains chlorophyll, a powerful blood builder and purifier. Zeaxanthin is also a key ingredient in spirulina, responsible for improving vision.
Check out more organic raw spirulina products here: http://bit.ly/1ePyOPo
There are lots of different products associated with honey. Honey itself is the sweet food that bees create from the nectar of flowers. Bee pollen is actually flower pollen that gets stuck to the bee’s legs as they collect nectar to make honey. Royal jelly is the secretion that is used to feed the larvae and adult queens. Propolis is a mixture that bees collect from tree buds and sap flows that is used as a sealant for the hive.
Raw honey in its natural state is rich in vitamins, containing vitamin B9 and all essential amino acids. In fact, it contains all 22 amino acids, which not only means it’s a complete protein, but it’s one of the most complete source of protein found in nature. Honey contains minerals and is rich in antioxidants and probiotics. It is said to be one of nature’s richest source of live healing enzymes and can increase mental alertness and IQ. It’s one of the highest-vibrational foods, which means it’s full of live energy that directly raises our own vibration.
|Click here to purchase pure organic raw manuka honey powder. Manuka honey is produced by bees that feed on the flowers of the manuka (tea tree) plant. Manuka honey powder is antibacterial and antifungal and can be consumed directly or used on wounds.|
Honey never goes bad. It’s been proven to help with diarrhea, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and cancer. It can be applied topically to heal wounds, burns and cuts and has antibiotic effects on a variety of infections.
Bee pollen has high antioxidant levels and has been said to reduce prostate problems. It increases strength, vitality and speed and is an amazing source for B vitamins. In all, bee pollen contains 18 vitamins, including all B vitamins aside from B12. It’s a great source for vitamin C, D and E as well and carotenes. It contains 14 essential amino acids and nucleic acids such as RNA and DNA. Gram for gram, bee pollen contains 5 to 7 times more protein than meat, eggs or cheese. Bee pollen also contains trace minerals including zinc, barium, boron, calcium, copper, gold, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, silicon, sulfur and sodium.
Royal jelly contains B vitamins including B5 plus trace minerals such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, manganese, potassium and iron. It’s considered and energizer and much like matcha can revitalize you without the unwanted side effects. Royal jelly contains 50% protein, 20% carbohydrates and 14% fat.
Propolis, the sticky resinous substance bees collect to seal their hive, contains antibiotic, antifungal and antibacterial effects. Bees use this substance to protect themselves against bacteria and so can we. It is rich in minerals, amino acids, fats, and vitamins C and E. It is also an amazing source for bioflavonoids, which fix and strengthen blood vessels and capillaries.
Check out more organic raw honey products here: http://bit.ly/1r3HKjR